Opened in 1908, this and the next station (Eltham Well Hall) were both closed and replaced by
a more central station (Eltham) in 1985.



The booking office was constructed in 1908 on a new bridge alongside the existing construction that carried Westmount Road over the railway. The Eltham Park Station booking office was moved in the early 1920s onto the London bound platform and the Westmount Road building named Station Parade and converted into five shops which were leased by the railway (from 1928 numbered 92, 94, 96, 98 and 100 Westmount Road).
The 1926 electrification of the line through Eltham Park led to the construction of a sub-station close to the eastern end of the down platform. This was a tall red brick structure, its large size necessary to house rotary converters with sufficient headroom above to enable removal and maintenance. A replacement of more compact design was built in Well Hall goods yard and the Eltham Park structure demolished, the brick rubble being spread along the embankment.

(David Jukes)

(photo: 2003)






The rear of the Station Parade shops and the remains of Eltham Park platforms as viewed from Glenesk Road.

(Aug 2003).


For more info: www.disused-stations.org.uk



Blackfriars Road